Sunday, January 30, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
So why did he leave? Fatigue? Probably a factor. Tired of the bullshit? No doubt. But in my opinion, he had gone from world class reporter and journalist, and slowly but surely become something he could not tolerate....something he could not stomach.....the liberal Bill O'Reilly. A talking head spewing an anti-GOP agenda on a daily basis. A man and a writer capable of brilliance at times (an example of which is below)...but he could also be a caricature, a comic windbag inexplicably foaming at the mouth; a bat shit crazy imitation of Peter Finch in Network.
He is mad as hell, and he is not going to take it anymore. Good luck Keith. I hope you find a better avenue for your journalistic abilities. I hope you find...and bid you peace.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Gabrielle Giffords knew the potential, of course. Palin put her in the cross hairs. Giffords replied to the ad in this manner...."we're on Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the cross hairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action."
It was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time.
Giffords just won re-election by a very close margin, despite the popularity of the tea party, especially in the state of Arizona, where anti-illegal immigration sentiment screams loud and clear. "Take our country back!"
Jesse Kelly knew the sentiment. He tried to jump onto the Tea party bandwagon and take Giffords seat in the House of Representatives. One of his most popular fundraisers was a visit with the candidate to shoot his fully loaded M-16 rifle. The ad states "help remove Giffords from office....shoot a fully automatic M-16 with Jesse Kelly..."
Saturday, January 8, 2011
So in order to form "that more perfect union," I humbly offer the following words of wisdom to our newest Congressional bodies....
1. Quit running each other down. On the floor, in the press, on your web sites, stop agreeing with the American people and saying what a joke Congress is. What morons are comprising it. Stop creating the perception that the body you work for sucks. The American people are listening...and agreeing with you, and they are taking down incumbents like Paul Bunyan with his mighty axe. If you think say, if you say so, it must be true. And so they vote for people with little to no experience just to fire you. Good move.
2. Stop lying. Stop exaggerating, stop"spinning" the truth, get real. For example...the health care bill was crafted in Congress, not the oval. If you are still calling it "Obama care"... you are a liar. Come out and be truthful. You might get the respect of the voting masses. Stop it, repeal it, I am with you on that, but stop blaming someone who did not write it. BTW...lets tell the American people we still desperately need health care reform....we are not saying not ever...just not now.
3. Work harder. Tuesday through Thursday is not enough. You are lucky to have jobs....FULL TIME jobs. Now days if you want to meet your Congressmen or Senator, all you need to do is hang out at a DC airport on any Thursday afternoon. Keep this up, and we will pay you by the hour.
4. Can anything be left to a straight up or down vote? Hopefully without 20 pieces of pork added on that we do not want, as a compromise to get votes for the measure we do want? Whatever the benefit of the bill is, it is negated by the crap pasted to the back of the measure, having absolutely nothing to do with the bill. And it is usually expensive without merit.
5. Read the damn bills before voting. Do not leave this task to the aides, or heaven forbid, the lobbyists. If each every member of Congress had to read the bill and pass a comprehension test before voting, maybe you would limit the size of the bills to less than 20 pounds each.