Saturday, November 14, 2015

BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION

I apologize for my pitiful lack of postings of late. Selfish really as I note the repeated and consistent viewings I witness, many coming directly to this blog and not by finding me through a search engine. The majority of readers of this one man blog do not come here by happenstance or accident, but as a deliberate desire, and for that I give you my heartfelt thanks.

The reason for my inaction of late? It is not because I have suddenly become lethargic or uncaring, and not because I have distanced myself from the current political landscape...it is because I just don't get it anymore. I watch, mostly in horror, the current political goings on and sit blithely by in a stunned silence. I can't believe my eyes...I can't believe my ears. It is like I am watching a massive automobile accident over and over in the slowest of motion. I don't get it.

I watch a major political party apparently led in the polls by the most unprepared candidate for major political office I have seen in my lifetime, and he leads in every political polling. Every one. And armed with this knowledge and fueled by this popularity, he ascends on one political event after another and spouts the most crude and un-nuanced blather ostensibly consisting entirely of his ego-driven boasts, world changing promises that he has no idea how to accomplish, and unending attacks of seemingly every public servant holding office. He even attacks the intelligence of entire American states and world countries, many of which have been our allies since before two world wars. He is unquestionably a bigot (his remarks against Hispanics are well documented), a misogynist who sees women as sexual objects, and a self touted business expert who has filed for bankruptcy no less than three times. He frequently brags about spreading his cash out to politicians from all parties because that's how he gets things done for him. Let's be clear...this is a man so painfully stupid he actually thinks he can deport over thirteen million illegal aliens...and keep them out with a thousand mile long wall which Mexico will pay for...and as ignorant as this all sounds...doesn't he even read a paper? The California Mexico border has more tunnels than an ant hill. There are tunnels with lighting, pumped in air and a friggin tram system. He is a complete bat-shit crazy moron...and it's working.

Surely there is a candidate following closely behind him of some weight, someone worthy of serious consideration for the most powerful position on the face of the earth...but sadly, the answer is no. Second in every political poll of late is a man with zero political experience. Zero. And not only is he a political neophyte, he is a raging lunatic who consistently lies and makes up stories incapable of intelligent consideration...a man who he himself has admitted in his writings to be certifiable. An extremely troubled youth, dyslexic, a pathological liar and someone who has demonstrated on multiple instances uncontrollable fits of rage culminating in going after his own mother with a hammer, hitting a childhood friend with a padlock to the face  and attempting to stab a relative with a knife. Admitted to at least two cases of attempted murder as a child and he is in serious consideration to be President of the United States by a major political party? And a solid second in the polls? Really? A man who seriously thinks the pyramids were built to hold grain??

If this were a movie, no one would believe it. But it is most certainly not...and I don't get it. Good Lord give me the wisdom to understand...

And that's my world...the "World According to Kimba." Thanks for reading.

No comments: