Saturday, June 16, 2007

THE AUTHOR OF RECORD DEFICITS NOW WANTS TO CURB SPENDING--NEWS FROM THE BLATANTLY ABSURD

CRAWFORD, Texas - President Bush warned Congress on Saturday that he will use his veto power to stop runaway government spending.
“The American people do not want to return to the days of tax-and-spend policies,”
Bush said in his radio address.
Any one not seeing the irony in the President's statement, signify by putting a "I am one of the 26 percentile" bumper sticker on your automobile. You would do well to remember which party is against ear-marking bills with pork and a return to "pay as you go" spending, meaning when the administration comes up with another "trickle down" tax cut for the ultra rich, he must cut programs to pay for them. You might also want to look up the last time we had a balanced budget.....And now for a brief moment of sanity, from the Senator from Louisiana....
"I know people don't like to pay taxes, but the fact of the matter is, is that this administration has produced a record deficit that is really threatening in long measure our ability to make the kind of investments we need to keep America safe," Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-Louisiana, said in a Fox News interview.

2 comments:

Papa Giorgio said...

A Response

http://religiopoliticaltalk.blogspot.com/2007/06/record-deficits.html

Papa Giorgio said...

KIMBA,

I would enjoy your input on an issue. Read comment number three ate my blog about a letter I wrote to my son's sixth-grade class. Then e-mail me with some advice on maybe what you would do. I have never been in a situation like this? weird... your calm (collective) nature - as opposed to mine - may weigh in on my decision.

Thanks:

http://religiopoliticaltalk.blogspot.com/2007/04/indians-vs_12.html