Friday, August 31, 2007

STUPID QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"I am not gay, and I never have been"
Senator Larry Craig
Like people can turn it off and on like a light switch. Interestingly enough, I had a lengthy conversation with a devout fellow employee at work, who thinks homosexuality is a learned behavior ( a result of his religious studies, to be sure). I personally believe it is an innate character trait, and not at all learned. I do realize that I have absolutely no personal knowledge of what it is to be gay, or when someone begins to experience overwhelmingly homosexual leanings, but I cannot imagine someone wanting or desiring to be persecuted and humiliated for your sexual preferences. I say this because of the strong feelings towards quote / unquote "alternative lifestyles" by the straight, and religious communities.
I cannot imagine what is more difficult...feeling like you have to hide your sexual identity, or "come out" as they say, and risk condemnation and ridicule for something I would imagine is well beyond their control.
Nothing more than bigotry in my eyes, and heart.
Hate is such an ugly thing.
Not just in the "World according to Kimba", but everywhere.
Thanks for reading (and commenting if you like)




No comments: