Sunday, March 16, 2008

OBAMA NATION


My name is Barack Obama
I am for change, and coming together, and hope
I detest the status quo
I want to bridge the divide between races, and sexes, and poor and rich
And Democrats and Republicans
We are the ones we have been waiting for

I am a church goer
Been a member for over twenty years
I believe in Jesus and everything that is good
I look to my pastor for spiritual guidance
The one who baptised my children and married me to my beloved

What I never realized
For over twenty years
Is my pastor ever spewed hate filled diatribes against whites
I only heard sermons about family, and love and God

I never heard the anti-American rants
About how we deserved the torment of 9/11
Or how Israel should be hated for their treatment of Palestinians
Or how gays are sentenced to fiery deaths in the gates of hell

Never saw in twenty years
The potential for wrong
Never saw the congregation standing and cheering
Along with the poison my Pastor was peddling
Never saw that

Never spoke to any of my fellow church members
In over twenty years
About how this church was built by my race and only my race
Never noticed that

Never heard how they felt
As they raised their arms in the air
And cheered and smiled and said Amen
At the racist diatribes spewed forth from our pulpit
Never noticed

Never looked into the basement
To see what my church was built upon
A foundation comprised of hate rage and fear mongering
Never noticed
Not in my twenty years

Never saw the hate from my church's man of the year Louis F.
And the anti-white and Jew and anti-American messages he spits forth
Never put two and two together
They tell me they equal four

Guess that is something important
For someone running for President
Adding up to four
Never saw that coming
My Bad

My name is Barack Obama
Please make me the most powerful man in the free world
I know how to add now
And to disavow twenty years of my life with a wave of the arms
And throw my Pastor under the bus
Labeling him as my crazy, innocent old Uncle

My name is Barack Obama
I am either a fool, or a liar
Or both

Either way, elect me
And everything will be all right

And remember, the Clinton's want to make this election about race
Dirty, nasty Clinton's
I guess my crazy Uncle was right about them

My name is Barack Obama
And my world is unraveling before my own eyes
How can I blame Hillary for this?

My name is Barack Obama
My spiritual advisor is fired
But I still want to be a member of my church

My million dollar mansion was bought wholesale
From a man under an FBI investigation
He's on trial now for corruption
I guess I have another "crazy uncle" after all

I guess I am another Spitzer
Only I have been sleeping with a far worse whore
And lying about it all the time
I have been sleeping with her for twenty years

But don't worry, I can give you hope
Hope that another "crazy Uncle" doesn't appear between now and November

My name is Barack Obama
And if I wasn't Black
I'd be just another Senator right now
Instead of being in the spotlight
Damn the luck

My name is Barack Obama
God bless you
And God damn America

No comments: