Tuesday, March 11, 2008

QUOTE, UNQUOTE

"If Barack Obama were white, he would be Dick Durbin without the experience"
Ann Coulter
“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position.
And if he was a woman of any color, he would not be in this position.
He happens to be very lucky to be who he is.
And the country is caught up in the concept.”
Gerardine Ferraro
“Every time that campaign is upset about something, they call it racist,” she said.
“I will not be discriminated against because I’m white.
If they think they’re going to shut up Geraldine Ferraro with that kind of stuff,
they don’t know me.”
More Gerardine Ferraro
Last fall, Ms. Ferraro also indicated that she thought Mr. Obama was getting preferential treatment from the press.
“It’s O.K. in this country to be sexist,” she said then. “
’It’s certainly not O.K. to be racist.
I think if Barack Obama had been attacked for two hours — well, I don’t think Barack Obama would have been attacked for two hours,” she said, referring to a Democratic debate.
In Obama’s book THE AUDACITY Of HOPE
* He wrote “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
In Obama’s book, DREAMS OF MY FATHER..
* “I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER’S RACE”
* “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”
* “That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system
claiming power over our lives.”

However, while campaigning in Kansas, Obama frequently emphasized that his mother was white, and that he had grown up in a predominantly white world.
* (Obama) vowed that he would “never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://sundaygang.com/misc/olbermann.mp3