Saturday, September 8, 2012

HE GAVE UP ON AMERICA

".....Mitt Romney grew up in Detroit.  My dad managed,
his dad ran an entire automobile company, American Motors.  
Yes, what I don't understand -- and in spite
of that, he was willing to let Detroit go bankrupt. 


I don't think he's a bad guy.  
No -- no, no, I don't think he's a bad
guy.  I am sure he grew up loving cars as much as I did.  But
what I don't understand -- what I don't think he understood -- I
don't think he understood that saving the automobile worker,
saving the industry, what it meant all of America, not just
autoworkers.
 
I think he saw it the Bain way -- 
I mean this sincerely.  
I think he saw it in terms 
of balance sheets and write offs.
Folks, the Bain way 

may bring your firm the highest profits, 
but it is not the way to 
lead our country 
from the highest office.

    When things -- when things hung in the
balance -- when things hung in the balance, I mean literally
hung in the balance, the president understood this was about a
lot more hope than the automobile industry.  This was about
restoring America's pride.  He understood -- he understood in
his gut what it would mean to leave a million people without
hope or work if he didn't act.  And he also knew -- he also
knew, he intuitively understood the message that it would have
sent around the world if the United States gave up on an
industry that helped put America on the map in the first place."


Joe  Biden   2012 DNC convention

No comments: