Sunday, April 15, 2007

"NOTHING IMPROPER" : THE A.G. SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT


In today's op-ed section of the Washington Post, Alberto Gonzales writes, in a preview of tomorrows hearings before the hill.......

"While I have never sought to deceive Congress or the American people, I also know that I created confusion with some of my recent statements about my role in this matter. To be clear: I directed my then-deputy chief of staff, Kyle Sampson, to initiate this process; fully knew that it was occurring; and approved the final recommendations. Sampson periodically updated me on the review. As I recall, his updates were brief, relatively few in number and focused primarily on the review process. During those conversations, to my knowledge, I did not make decisions about who should or should not be asked to resign."

I am committed to explaining my role in this process
and will do so Tuesday when I testify before Congress.
Let's see... he "directed the initiation of this process, knew it was occurring, received periodic updates in regards to the process, and approved the final recommendations, including each individual attorney that was fired.
But he did not make recommendations over who would be fired.
I've seen better tap dancing than this on "Dancing with the Stars".
See you tomorrow on the hill.
Bring your tap shoes.

1 comment:

Papa Giorgio said...

I think you conspiracy, well, “whacko’s”, are missing something big. Rove was behind the Virginia Tech shooting to cover up testimony from the Gonzales affair. Rove is all powerful and even hypnotizes Korean students to make all his evil pieces fit the oil puzzle.