Sunday, April 20, 2008

THIS WILL HAVE TO DO UNTIL JESUS SETS UP A MY SPACE ADDRESS

Too busy to go to mass? The blogosphere has finally answered your prayers, so to speak. Try www.dear-God.com, a new site where you can have your prayers and confessions sent to your Lord via the internet. Here is the vision statement from the website....
Dear God is a global project for people around the world to share their innermost hopes - and fears - through prayer. It doesn’t matter what your version of God is…Jesus, Allah, Buddha or simply a spiritual universal energy… praying to a higher power soothes and heals. It’s scientifically proven that people who pray are healthier, happier and more resilient.
Share your prayers here and help us create hope one prayer at a time. Simply send us your personal letter to your God and/or a picture that sums up your message visually. (Dear God will source a picture if you don’t have one).
Disclaimer: This website is totally independent and non-denominational. We are not a religious or spiritual/new-age organization. We have no affiliation or relationship to any church or religious or spiritual group or organization.
Here is an example of what you will find on the web site, an entry from a Michael in Wyoming entitled "My sex life sucks..."
Dear God, I grew up in your church that told me that sex before marriage was wrong and could lead to destruction in relationships later in life… I abstained. Now I’m married to my beautiful wife that grew up under the same pressures to abstain. We don’t have sex because there are so many barriers and fences put up in her that sex is bad, sinful, guilt-riden, and carries all these negatives. (Now, she doesn’t say these things, but its what I surmise & feel from her) While dating, we grew strong spiritually and emotionally, but the sex/physical intimacy was avoided. Now we are like on a 3-legged stool with only 2 legs! Falling. Honestly it sucks with the sex drive that you handed me! I waited my whole life for this? And when we do make love, it has to be in the bedroom, on the bed, missionary pos. no exceptions… ever. God, is this what you intended for this beautiful experience? Sometimes, shamefully, I wish I’d taken advantage of all the opportunities I had in HS or College. Hear my cry Oh Lord! Why is it so bad to talk about this important intimate part of a marriage relationship? Yes, I’m a Christian and my sex life sucks!
Michael, Wyoming/USA
When I saw 32 comments under Michael's posting, I got ready for wise cracks, potty humor and the like such as what would happen if you open yourself to exposure amongst millions of strangers. But, the comments were serious, and respectful with honest to.....you know, him, helpful pieces of advice, including referral web sites to check out. So why not? If this is the only exposure you have to clergy, why not. It sure beats nothing....

No comments: