Monday, November 3, 2008

THE BALLOT ACCORDING TO KIMBA

I am about as comfortable telling someone who and what I will be voting for as I am when someone at work asks me where I have my 401K money invested in (I moved my money into a mutual fund over six months ago, thus saving a down market). But, I have had a sufficient amount of people asking me, and I am assuming if I don't give them my positions, they will get their info from someone else, so here goes. My hope is that they will read my positions and do a little research on their own prior to going into the voting booth.
President: a true no-brainer. OBAMA / BIDEN
1 high speed rail project ...................NO
2 animal rights ..................................NO
3 childrens hospital bond .................NO
4 parental abortion notifications .....NO
5 non violent crimes / parole.........YES
6 criminal penalties .........................YES
7 renewable energy ..........................NO
8 eliminate gay marriage ................NO
9 victims rights ................................YES
10 alternative energy ......................NO
11 redistricting ...................................NO
12 veterans bond .............................YES
S salt water system ban ..................NO
Needless to say, I am in favor of the straight Democratic ticket.
And, for everyone living in the Bay Area, please vote YES on Proposition K (You rock).
BUT without doubt, no matter who you vote for, VOTE.
It amazes me how few citizens do.
The same citizens who have an opinion on friggin' everything the rest of the year.
Be a patriot and vote.

No comments: