Sunday, July 22, 2007

JOHN EDWARDS: HIDING BEHIND ELIZABETH'S APRON STRINGS

Quotes from Mrs. John Edwards on a variety of issues as she becomes a far more visible entity than even her nominee husband on the campaign trail (from Salon magazine). By not responding himself to these issues, and by letting his wife "pick up the slack," isn't the Edwards campaign proving the allegations that he is indeed gutless?
On Hillary: "She's just not as vocal a women's advocate as I want to see. John is."
On her comeback call to Ann Coulter (after she labeled John with a slang term for a homosexual): "In some ways I'd like to continue what I started, just hammer home the unacceptability of Ann Coulter and what she's doing to the dialogue. I'd like to follow her around and harass her. Maybe Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh too."
On Hillary again: "Sometimes you feel you have to behave as a man and not talk about women's issues. I'm sympathetic -- she wants to be commander in chief. But she's just not as vocal a women's advocate as I want to see. John is. And then she says, or maybe her supporters say, "Support me because I'm a woman," and I want to say to her, "Well, then support me because I'm a woman."
You're famous for that, actually -- people always said you were a Daily Kos diarist under another name. I wasn't. But I have blogged using other screen names before. Before the Whole Foods guy got in trouble [the Wall Street Journal revealed last week that CEO John Mackey used pseudonyms to deride competitors online] I decided that that wasn't such a good idea.
On John conspiring with Clinton to limit the number of debaters: "But what I said was, what John said was, there is a need to get the debates more serious. You have these formats with 60-second answers, and in 60 seconds, John's position on health care sounds just like Hillary's answer, when it couldn't be farther apart. So we need to find a way to have serious debates, that's all John is saying. Maybe it's two candidates at a time.

No comments: