Sunday, June 8, 2008

REZKO CONVICTION WILL FELON DEAF EARS???

Barack Obama said Thursday he does not expect corruption investigations in Chicago to be an issue in his presidential campaign. "I mean I was not ever considered to be part of that particular culture. I knew folks, I worked with them. But you know. I think my reputation has always been somebody who took the integrity of my office very seriously.

"And people will judge me ultimately on what I do and not on what other people do."
"People have a lot of different facets in their lives, and what it says is he never was involved in anything with me that was inappropriate," Obama said. "So, I'm saddened to see what happened to him, but I think clearly the jury deliberated, they passed down their verdict, and he needs to serve his time, and I hope his family will be well."
Obama has not been accused of any wrongdoing, but Republicans are already blasting him for his friendship with the now-convicted felon. Rezko has known Obama since at least 1990, and financially supported his state Senate and U.S. Senate campaigns.
Why Obama is so naive to think this will not be an issue when the GOP immediately gave the following quote is beyond me........
The Republican party's national committee said in a statement: "This is further proof that Obama's high-flying rhetoric is just that.... today's verdict and Obama's friendship with Rezko raise serious questions about whether he has the judgment to serve as president."
For more information on the Tony Rezko corruption trial, and his ultimate relationship with the Democratic presumptive nominee, click here.....

No comments: