Saturday, June 7, 2008

WHAT HILLARY SHOULD SAY

Saturday am: While we await Hillary Clinton's concession (?) speech this morning, the news shows are all conducting q and a sessions with the pundits, conducting polls, and soliciting advise with one question in mind..... "What should Hillary say today in her speech?"

Let me weigh in with some quotes to incorporate into her speech...

"If you remember only one thing I say today, let it be this....."a vote for anyone other than Barack Obama in November will be a slap in my face, and go against everything we have worked, and campaigned for..."

"There have been many untruths and half-truths by the media during our campaigns...one of which is my publically soliciting, pressuring and attempting to force Senator Obama to take me as his Vice Presidential choice. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I understand that this choice is his, and his alone, and is not up for negotiation, whether by force or not. I already have my dream job, and in this area, I cannot lose. Returning to the Senate floor is something I look forward to, and do not in any way see my return to the Senate a sign of defeat, or a source of public humiliation."

"Another topic all over the news media is whether it was a mistake having my husband Bill campaign for me, or if somehow he was responsible for my defeat. This is as ignorant as it is wrong. No one worked harder for my victory than my husband Bill. Yes, he said some things that may have been misstated, or misunderstood, but he was an unbelievable resource, and I am deeply grateful for his tireless efforts to secure the nomination for me.

Having said all of that, let me tell everyone in the nation one thing....anyone who attempted to paint myself, or my husband somehow as a race baiter, or a bigot is wrong. Dead wrong. This is an insult to each of our lifetime careers addressing the issues and needs of all Americans. I have always known that in politics you must develop a thick skin, but I have to admit that these charges were particularly painful to myself and my family. Let me say this for the last time....these charges are groundless and in no way reflect our true feelings."

"The notion that I somehow did not receive 18 million votes, but rather 18 million proxies to wield like a sword is an insult to my supporters. Having garnered whatever amount of votes, in whichever social or economic class does not in anyway give me additional power, or somehow add to my negotiating stance. But let me be clear here...as of today, I am releasing all of my supporters, delegates and staff in the hopes, the furthest hope that they support our candidate for the Presidency of the United States, Barack Obama."

"It has been bandied about this notion that somehow Barack does not, or cannot connect with my supporters, who tend to be less educated, working class Americans. This is a fallacy which will be disproved in November. Barack grew up in the streets, with the same people the news media report he cannot connect with. It was only until recently, with the earnings from his two impressive books that he was able to secure his first home for his family. His concerns are your concerns. He wasn't born with a silver spoon. And so, to all of my supporters, let me make this very clear....he is one of us, he is someone you can vote for with pride, and he is someone who, if elected, will never lose sight or priority of your concerns, and someone who will never leave your sides. In our meeting two nights ago, he went to great lengths to illustrate his heartfelt concern, and promised his tireless devotion to the concerns and issues of the backbone of our nation, the working class Americans that make up the majority of our work force."

"One of the most unfortunate untruths of this campaign season happened to Senator Obama. Whether it was the lie that he swore into office on the Koran, or stopped wearing a flag lapel pin, or did not place his hand over his heart during the Star Spangled banner, it is a complete and total lie that Barack Obama is somehow unpatriotic, or anything less than one of the proudest examples of a God fearing Christian American on the face of the earth.
"