Monday, June 30, 2008

PERSONALLY I AGREE WITH WESLEY CLARK. GETTING SHOT DOWN IN A MILITARY PLANE WON'T GET YOU INTO THE JOINT CHIEFS

"Throughout my life, I have always taken my deep and abiding love for this country as a given. It was how I was raised; it is what propelled me into public service; it is why I am running for President. And yet, at certain times over the last sixteen months, I have found, for the first time, my patriotism challenged – at times as a result of my own carelessness, more often as a result of the desire by some to score political points and raise fears about who I am and what I stand for. So let me say at this at outset of my remarks. I will never question the patriotism of others in this campaign. And I will not stand idly by when I hear others question mine."
Barack Obama, speaking today in Independence, Missouri on patriotism

No comments: