Friday, June 20, 2008

DID I MENTION HE'S BLACK?

"We know what kind of campaign they are going to run. They are going to make you afraid. They are going to make you afraid of ....me. They are going to say..."he's young and inexperienced, and he has a funny name. And, did I mention he's black?"
Barack Obama

In similar comments at a Chicago fundraiser last Thursday, Obama told supporters that Republicans would try to portray both him and his wife Michelle as "scary." "They’re going to try to make me into a scary guy,” he said last week. “They’re even trying to make Michelle into a scary person. Right?" And so that drumbeat – 'we’re not sure if he’s patriotic or not; we’re not sure if he is too black.' "I don’t know, before I wasn’t black enough," said Obama. "'Now he might be too black. We don’t know whether he’s going to socialize – well, who knows what.'"
Last week, the Illinois senator’s campaign launched a Web site to directly respond to and discredit Internet rumors about him and his wife that have dogged his presidential effort. The web site is http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome/.

No comments: