Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TWO RICH MORONS

Bill Gates and New York's Mayor Bloomberg, two of the richest men in the world, are joining forces to fight against.....no, not illiteracy, not hunger, not homelessness, not even poverty itself. Read the following article from my favorite New York Post and see if you can fathom how they have pledged to squander 500 million dollars, and see if you can keep your lunch down.
"Mayor Bloomberg today enlisted Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates -- one of the few individuals in the U.S. wealthier than he is -- to bolster a campaign the mayor launched two years ago to combat smoking around the world.
Gates said he'd contribute $125 million over five years to the global effort and Bloomberg chipped in $250 million on the top of the $125 million he contributed in 2006.
"I'm sure it's just the first of many things we can do together," said Gates at a midtown Manhattan press conference. He declined to elaborate, saying "There's nothing concrete at this point." Bloomberg and Gates are worth a combined $70 billion and both lead foundations which are among the largest in the nation.
Yes, although nothing is concrete as of yet, rumors are flying around town that the next big Bloomberg/Gates campaign initiative will be to give a quarter billion each to fight cronic gum chewing in our classrooms. If successful, they will immediately inaugurate their "Floss over Africa" campaign, targeting poor dental hygiene while starving to death, or being raped and hacked to death by machete as their war lord governments (and ours) look on apathetically. $500 million dollars to fight the Marlboro Man. Sometimes the stench of American stupidity boggles the mind.
I look at the world and I notice it's turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps
I don't know how you were diverted
you were perverted too
I don't know how you were inverted
no one alerted you
I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps I
look at you all
Still my guitar gently weeps

No comments: