Saturday, August 16, 2008

THE WIT AND WISDOM OF JOHN E. WEASEL

First two John Edwards quotes courtesy of a fellow local blogger, Religio-Political Talk.
“…I think every single candidate for president, Republican and Democratic have lives, personal lives, that indicate something about what kind of human being they are. And I think it is a fair evaluation for America to engage in to look at what kind of human beings each of us are, and what kind of president we’d make.”
"I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."
"I have myself `co-chaired` the Senate Prayer Breakfast for a couple of years. And it played an important part for me because we were able to bring members of the Senate who come from different faith traditions and different faith beliefs together to sort of share our beliefs and outside the partisan atmosphere that sometimes exists in the Senate, in a very healthy way. To talk about our personal life and how important our lives have been—our faith has been in our life. "
"My personal faith guides and affects my personal decisions in my personal life."

No comments: