Friday, January 11, 2008

SLICK WILLIE SLIPS UP

Anyone who knows my political leanings (and it doesn't take long), knows that I define myself as a "Clinton Democrat." I do love Bill. I could care less who he fooled around with, all of the past Presidents did, only the press never used to report it. I do wish he hadn't lied under oath or gave up those pardons, but over all, you righted the King George I sinking ship, eliminated the deficit, balanced five budgets, grew the economy in substantial ways, and as a public speaker, you were practically without equal.
But you do seem to be slipping a little, old friend. Or has the seven year sabbatical from your Presidency made me remember only the good times, and forget your occasional slip-up and boneheaded move. Like this little gem of a recent quote on the Iraq war while stumping for the better half in New Hampshire....

"I opposed the Iraq war from the very start."
Bill Clinton, on the campaign trail with wife, Hillary

Who are you kidding Mr. president? Your record on the Iraq war is very well chronicled over the years. Like these quotes circa 2003....when will you ever learn?
"Saddam is gone and good riddance," Clinton said in an April 16, 2003, speech in New York. Clinton defended president Bush's decision to go to war, even though no weapons of mass destruction had yet been found. "I don't think you can criticize the president for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock ...That is what I was always told."
Shortly before the war, in the former president suggested U.N. inspectors should be given more time to look for weapons. But Clinton never publicly distanced himself from Bush's overall approach before the war. "I think he's doing the right thing right now," Clinton told CNN interviewer Larry King on Feb. 6, 2003. Moreover, he continued to defend Bush—and the congressional vote to authorize the war that his wife supported—even as it became clear in the late spring of 2003 that the U.S. occupation was not going well. I supported the president when he asked for authority to stand up against weapons of mass destruction in Iraq," Clinton said in a college commencement speech in Mississippi on May 18, 2003. "
As previously stated, I do love this man, but if Hillary is going to be elected, he needs to be scripted. And no loose interviews. I have noticed (and blogged on) the fact that the former President seems to look feeble and dotty lately. Almost pre-Alsheimerish. I am going to stop short of saying you shouldn't appear together, but trying to pass off to have some kind of relationship together, and kissing is enough to make me gag.
And that is the "World According to Kimba." Thanks for reading.

No comments: